Who doesn’t love to list and/or rate things?! Below is an explanation of the highly scientific way we break the shiz down for you…
THE MYLAR METER
(our comic book rating system)
- A One Bagger is lousy. A ‘one’ basically means you hated it and will be giving it away to your niece or nephew…they’re kids, they don’t know any better.
- A Two Bagger is meh. You’ll find it later in that stack in the corner.
- A Three Bagger is okay. We’ll be keeping this ish…going back to re-read sometime.
- A Four Bagger is pretty damn cool. It’s going straight into the collection fullly bagged and boarded.
- A Five Bagger is classic. A truly great comic that not only goes straight into the longbox double bagged and boarded, but gets us into reading more, possibly putting the title on the pull list.
THE SUPER SCALE
(our first of two movie ratings)
The Super Scale rates a movie from 1-5 based solely on how close the movie is to the source material. On this scale the quality of the movie itself doesn’t matter, it’s only a rating of faithfulness to canon.
THE FULL FRAME
This is our rating of the film as a whole. Forgetting completely about the source material for a moment, what do we have to say about the overall viewing experience? How strong was this movie: